Sunday, March 20, 2011

Nursery details...but not my nursery

I finally took some better photos of Amanda and Marty's new baby nursery.

I love the personal touches she added to the room. From the painted branch mural to the various hand-crafted artwork pieces, the room is most definitely a labor of love. Amanda found fun, colorful fabrics and framed them in embroidery hoops and then used the leftover scraps to decorate a letter "E" which will be the first letter of their baby girl's name......there's no telling what it is though.....she and Marty have been mum on that topic for almost 9 months!

Also pictured is a framed piece of art that she could most definitely start mass producing and selling on etsy!

I wish I would have remembered to get a better picture of it, but Marty also recovered a vintage glider (notice it peeking out of the bottom right corner of the photo above?) that belonged to Amanda's Grandmother who used it to rock HER children to sleep! Such a great piece of nostalgia for their little girl one day!

LOVE it!



I've decided that I'm going to compose a couple blog posts on nurseries, since it's a popular topic right now amongst my friends and I have such creative friends' talents to expose to the masses (and the masses meaning the 8 people that actually read this blog, if that:)

Natalie - I'm coming for you next! You need to start mass producing that adorable mobile above Shay's bed. You're nursery is too cute not to blog!

....to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment